Tug McGraw Interactive Message Board
March 27, 2017, 02:39:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sources of help  (Read 15617 times)
patiencehcmason

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »

Everything I have written to help people with PTSD and their families since Recovering from the War is available at http://www.patiencepress.com/patience_press/PTSD_Help-Gazettes.html. There are 40 issues of the Post-Traumatic Gazette with many topics on recovery, books for children, pamphlets for wives and for veterans. I always suggest if you think something will help, print it out and put it in the bathroom. People do not like being handed things to read, especially if they think you are trying to fix them!
patiencehcmason

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »

Another source of help:
Although Recovering from the War is helpful to families of any veteran and often to the vets themselves, it is a 455 page book and all the expamples are from Vietnam (Part I).
Taming the Fire Within: Life after War by Anne Freund, PhD is 215 pages of straight talk and common sense given in what I call "the right attitude," which many PhD's don't have. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is plain talk about the why and how of symptoms which can help you understand PTSD. Reading it along with my pamphlet, The War at Home could be very helpful. The War at Home is free at http://www.patiencepress.com/patience_press/PTSD_Help-For_Spouses.html.
Ertekaz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:50:33 PM »

Another source of help:
Although Recovering from the War is helpful to families of any veteran and often to the vets themselves, it is a 455 page book and all the expamples are from Vietnam (Part I).
Taming the Fire Within: Life after War by Anne Freund, PhD is 215 pages of straight talk and common sense given in what I call "the right attitude," which many PhD's don't have. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is plain talk about the why and how of symptoms which can help you understand PTSD. Reading it along with my pamphlet, The War at Home could be very helpful. The War at Home is free at http://www.patiencepress.com/patience_press/PTSD_Help-For_Spouses.html.

thanks for this book

Zach_Carson

Dreams are every thing...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 10:18:35 AM »

Hi i am suffering from headache from last few days but not yet get any re leaf.can an body help.

georgiana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 08:59:43 AM »

very useful thank you very much for this wonderful book

I bought one but it broke quickly. Then I found this site Luxury Cars Under 30K where I learned how to pick my car.
hrzcerrajerosmadrid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:23 AM »

Thanks for share it, it´s really useful

vasoconleche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 01:30:55 PM »

very useful thank you  Grin

pulseras

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »

Thanks for share it  Grin